Re: [oletrucks] altenator

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, bek@noramcoeng.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] altenator
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:05:48 -0600
It sounds like you have a GM "Two Wire" alternator.  This is an intermediate
internally regulated alternator between the original, which had an
outside regulator and the modern one wires with internal regulators.

There should be a large lug on the back. This is the output of the
alternator.  This should go through the ammeter or directly to the
+ on the battery.  The white wire you refer to is indeed an on/off
sensor for the alternator.  It should go to a keyed power source
that is on when the ignition is on.

I will send you a direct email with a wiring diagram for this type
of alternator.  This list doesn't allow attachments.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt Iron, MN