[oletrucks] A Truck Reborn

To: OLETRUCK list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] A Truck Reborn
From: Lon Gowan <long4vt@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:05:11 -0800 (PST)
Today I went to the California Highway Patrol and got
my new Vin #, they used the number on the door plate
with no hassles.  I stopped by the local recycling
center and drove my truck on the scale, in three
minutes I was ten dollars poorer, but had a California
weight Cert.  I drove to the AAA and waited less then
5 minutes before they where kind enough to issue me
new plates and a temporary registration.

Another great old Chevy truck is reborn into the fleet
of American daily drivers.

Thanks to everyone on the list for your advice,
support, encouragement, and knowledge.  A great big
Thank you to Nate, who without his help my truck would
still be a lawn ornament.

There is still more I would like to do,  I've seen
some of your trucks and I would love for mine to be
that nice, but in the meantime I am very proud of mine
and I love the waves and thumbs up I get as I drive it
around town.

If you live in the San Fernando Valley and notice a
brown 1950 1/2 ton on the road, make sure you give a
wave.

Lon

Truck pics at long4vt.com