[oletrucks] Rear End Gears

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear End Gears
From: "George Perez" <g.perez@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 07:15:38 -0500
Thanks to all who responded to my rear end question.

Ok Gang Lets say I find the right GM rear end for my 55 TF but it does
not have the right gear ratio. Is it possible to change the gears? And
if so how difficult is it and are the gears available for these older
74-81 GM rear ends. I plan on using a 350 motor with a 700R Trans. I
have been told by one of our list members (Mark) that the best possible
combo for this would be either 3.42 or 3.55 gears. Thanks again Mark.
I have no experience with rear end maintenance other then brake work and
axel seal replacement. So any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
George
55 TF