RE: [oletrucks] Rear Ends

To: "List, Truck" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Rear Ends
From: "Jeff Engel" <jengel@ghnaes.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 12:09:42 -0600
That rear end may be a perfect fit to the frame, but what the book doesn't
tell you or show you is that it is not a perfect fit for the bed.  If you
are lowered enough, like my 56, the brakes hit the bed floor and the center
section does as well!  If you don't flip the rear end it might not hit.  I'm
flipped and c-sectioned and I hit the bed.  I will have to mod the bed sides
and floor.  A wider rear end would help me but the center section would
still hit because of my ride height.

Also, in that same article, they say that they won't have to tub the bed
with the tire they are using.  Wrong!  The tire they mention is too wide and
with the Lincoln rear end there will definetly be some mods to the bed.
They conveiently don't show you that truck with the bed on it.

It's a good book with some neat stuff but it has some errors or a lack of
information.

Jeff Engel
1956 TF