Re: [oletrucks] Off Topic... Air Ride in a Car Need Advice

To: bigfred@unm.edu, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Off Topic... Air Ride in a Car Need Advice
From: Bill Broadway <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:50:44 -0500
I'd say you'd want to set it at A) where you have the best ride, not too
stiff or too bouncy B) where you'll get a good front end alignment. You'll
basically have to install it and then make some test runs at different air
settings to find that sweet spot. Then you'll probably want to see how low
it goes with the bags deflated .. you always want to have some form of
limiter for the bags, deflated that would be bump stops or else your frame
or body hitting the ground, and inflated your shocks .. you might want to
make sure if a bag ever did burst that you'd end up on your bump stops and
not hitting the ground.

This is all just speculation though, as I've yet to set my air ride up
myself ;-)

Bill