[oletrucks] I want a nice rack

To: "trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] I want a nice rack
From: "Ryan Langford" <rlangford@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 00:30:16 -0700
....for my truck.  So I'm working on a Chevy truck mid-70's front
suspension components onto my 58, and everything is looking good...
until I start trying to figure out how to work in the gear box and
linkage.  I'm sure its possible, but it would have to be some radical
changes either to the truck frame or to the linkage.

The simplest answer, it would appear to me, is to get a rack,
and ditch all of the linkage and gear box. Honestly, I'd really
prefer one anyway, because of the better feel, reduction in slop,
and simplicity.  But what would
I use it out of?  How would I get the correct outer ball joints
to fit into my hub's?  It seems like a simple enough problem,
but I was hoping to see if anyone has done anything (remotely)
simular.

Ryan
rlangford@attbi.com