RE: [oletrucks] amps to volts

To: "G. L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] amps to volts
From: "Bill Bailey" <billb1@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:05:42 -0400
<snip>

Amps is Amps, Volts are Volts. Cant read both off same gauge.
<snip>

Yes you can, I used to do it all the time with old power supplies. You make
a switch arrangement that switches from a shunt resistor (which is built
into the TF ammeter) to a multiplier resistor for a voltmeter.
I suspect the real problem with making a TF ammeter getting rid of the shunt
inside the meter and then determining the internal impedance of the meter so
you could figure an multiplier resistor for it. I've never looked into it
but electrically it can be done...