[oletrucks] Picking up a 4 spd

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Picking up a 4 spd
From: Ronald Smiley <smilin_ron@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:36:32 -0700 (PDT)
Group:  I made a trip to the Aurora pull and save
today.  The only thing interesting was a 54 or 55 1st.
 It is well picked over, the engine is gone but the 4
speed is there, bolted up to a torque tube.  It is my
understanding, that the only thing I would gain over
my three speed, is the granny gear and eliminating the
three speed linkage.  My question is whether or not
this is a worthwhile buy for sixty eight dollars.  The
shifter is missing.  How difficult is it to find an
aftermarket shifter?  It also has two angles mounted
on the driver side in front of the rear fender.  They
appear to be for bolting on a spare tire carrier.
They don't appear to be a home made type of thing.
Any insight is appreciated.

Ron
53 3100
Aurora Co