Re: [oletrucks] New gauge cluster.

To: "Antonio R. Tijerino" <antonio@tijerino.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New gauge cluster.
From: Joe Garcia <joegarcia1@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:14:41 -0700
You should be able to just connect the larger wire to the Bat terminal on
the alternator and your set.  Just tape off the other two.

I normally connect a fusible link to the alternator lug and then crimp the
opposite end of the link to the alternator wire........just in case
something happens with the alternator.  This way it only fries the fusible
link and not my whole harness.  The fusible link is 4 wire gauges smaller
then the wire it's protecting.

How big of an Alternator are you running?  I hear the stock ammeter can't
handle the big output alternators...55 amps is the max.

Joe