Re: [oletrucks] special tool ?

To: Karen.Duff@ctbrad.ang.af.mil (Karen Duff), oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] special tool ?
From: Cadamsarch@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:30:41 EDT
Hello Karen,

Clutch head screwdrivers:

I first got mine from Chevy Duty. They are serviceable. I don't know where
they came from, but their plastic handles and inexpensive chrome finish make
them look like they spent their early life in a transpacific shipping
container.

A few years ago, I found:
    Delegard Tool Company
    205 East 78th Street
    Bloomington, MN 55420
    tel: 952-881-8683
They distribute mechanics' hand tools, including automotive tools. My second
set of clutch heads still have plastic handles, but the steel has been
deburred and given a black sandblasted appearing finish. They look good, feel
good, and work well.

Then I discovered:
    Beaumont's Quality Tools
    3539 West 44th Street
    Minneapolis, MN 55410
    tel: 612-922-1954
    Beau Battle, Proprietor
He sells new & used hand tools: mostly carpentry, but some of everything. I
knew I was in the right place when I noticed, in his HO gauge train setup,
(Doesn't every decent tool store have one?) a nice scale model Chevy AD
pickup at the train crossing waiting for the steam locomotive to pass and the
bar to lift. I asked him where clutch head screw drivers with wooden handles
could be found. Fourteen seconds later, he returned from his vault with a set
of beauties. They are worth more than both my Chevys and, of course, not for
sale. Beau is very generous with his time and quick to get on the phone to
help solve tool problems.

If you want my Chevy Duty clutch heads for little more than a song, let me
know.

Regards,

Culver Adams
Minneapolis, MN
1931 Chevy coupe
1951 Chevy 3100

In a message dated 5/20/03 10:26:12 AM Central Daylight Time,