Re: [oletrucks] 55-59 TF power steering recommendations?

To: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55-59 TF power steering recommendations?
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 08:58:13 -0400
Jim,
    Long time no hear from...  Carl Ham did a terrific write up on his
adventures with installing the power steering mod that put the box on the
outside of the frame rail. It is posted on my server at
http://www.chevytrucks.org/tech/TF_powersteering.htm

Claude Ramey has had this mod for a while and has it up on his site as well
http://home.earthlink.net/~cramey2/59ps.htm

--wayne

At 07:33 PM 6/5/03 -0700, J Forbes wrote:
>Hi all...
>
>A friend is building a 56 Cameo, sort of a resto-rod.  He wants disk
>brakes and power steering, but doesn't really want to do a subframe or
>suspension swap.  The truck will get a small block/th350, 78 Camaro
>rearend, and 5 lug car disk brakes up front.
>
>I haven't been keeping up with what's available, so I'm asking if anyone
>has bought and installed a power steering kit for a Task Force truck
>(with stock solid axle suspension), and how it works.  I know there were
>some problems with some kits in the old days, with wierd geometry and
>increased turning radius.
>
>If you've been through this, and can recommend (good or bad) any
>particular kit, I'd be ever so grateful!
>
>thanks,
>--
>Jim
>
>Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!