Re: [oletrucks] Paint question.

To: "Mark Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Paint question.
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 09:17:49 -0400
Mark,
    Unsure about the AD but took 1 gallon to do my TF with about 1/2 quart
left over. Couldn't see it taking any more than a gallon... About the
paint--they have that chroma something or another-that actually changes
colors depending on the angle ya look at it as seen in this photo I took of
a 57 at an atlanta car show last
year.   http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/10170011.jpg
I've heard this paint is 400 a gallon. Hard to imagine any paint costing
4600 a gallon...
That Jesse James is one talented dude huh.... There are a couple of his
bikes in the area. Man if ya ride bikes---them are some sweeeettttt ones...
--wayne

At 05:43 AM 6/6/03 -0700, Mark Self wrote:
>Can any of you guys tell me, How much paint (Gallons) does it take to do
>an AD = ton?
>
>Saw a program on Discovery channel the other night, where Jesse James
>was doing a bike.  His painter was talking about some new color
>changing, iridescent paint that only cost $4,600.00/gal.  Figured, WOW,
>that sure would look cool on my old truck ;)  Bet you wouldnt want your
>kids throwing rocks at that one.
>
>Seriously, I am interested in how much paint to cover an AD 1/ ton.

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne