Re: [oletrucks] Rocker arms & Grinding marbles?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rocker arms & Grinding marbles?
From: Cameo3124@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 02:17:49 -0400
Once had an 55 truck that had a lot of sludge in it,, I decided  id try to
rinse some of the gunk out of it,,, some old mechanic told me to  put one quart
of oil to 4 quarts of diesel and let the engine Idle for 1/2 an hour, Drain and
refill with fresh oil, well I did that and I got all kinda gunk loose from
inside that drained out..  I installed a new filter, refilled the oil,,,, the
next day I was driving to work normally and the engine spun a bearing,,,  Guess
what??? the oil strainer was clogged,, the oil gauges was reading good, and
continued to read good for 5 miutes after I shut it down, the oil passages were
stuffed with thick gooey gunk,, Now when ever I feel I need to clean up a
really badly gunked up motor I remove the intake or side covers, and the oil
pan after I run a rinse in it, scrape out all the bad junk with a wire brush
and mineral spirts,,, With todays high detergent oils motors usually dont get
that bad unless they have been severly neglected ,, but every once in a while I
find a nasty one,,