Re: [oletrucks] A Few New Pictures

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] A Few New Pictures
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:36:11 -0500
My 54  3600 frame had similar "overload" springs on it. Before the main
springs bottom out the overload springs make contact and provide increased
support for the really heavy loads. On my frame, these extra springs did
not contact anything at each end until the main springs were overloaded and
then the "overload" springs were pressed against extra brackets bolted to
the frame.

BobK
51 3600 5-window (in pieces)
Arnaudville, LA

                      Bill Broadway

                      <bcubed@vanhalen-ir        To:
oletrucks@autox.team.net
                      c.com>                     cc:

                      Sent by:                   Subject:  Re: [oletrucks] A
Few New Pictures
                      owner-oletrucks@aut

                      ox.team.net

                      06/18/03 11:53 AM

                      Please respond to

                      Bill Broadway

Nice, thanks for the link .. what I'm finding interesting is the rear
suspension, having a newer model truck (55) it's much different. I've seen
the TorqueTube before, and I've heard of lever action shocks, but never
seen the rear section of a 41 .. what are the second set of leafs springs
for on top of the axle? I can't tell what in the picture they are conencted

to, the shock? It all looks pretty heavy duty.

Bill