Re: [oletrucks] Dixon car show

To: rreul@gallatinriver.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Dixon car show
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:59:16 EDT
In a message dated 7/21/03 6:18:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
rreul@gallatinriver.net writes:

> Went to the Dixon car show Sunday in search for fellow oletrucker William
> Moldenhauer.  He didn't show up. I was anticipating finaly meeting a fellow
> oletrucker. Where the hell were you Bill ?

Richard,
 When looking for Bill at a car show, you must look in the most unusual
places. I went to a show in Muscatine, Iowa a few weeks back, after Bill
emailed me
to say he would be there. I walked around for 2 hours, looking for this
beautiful red '53 Chevy truck. I about gave up, when I walked past this big
Noah's
Ark on wheels. (big brown R.V.) It had a table set up in front of it with
T-shirts, hats, photo albums, etc. I just happened to notice as I walked by,
that
all the T-shirts, hats, pillows ?, etc, had a picture of a beautiful red '53
Chevy truck on them. HEY, that's the truck I'm looking for. I look up and this
guy walks out of the Noah's Ark with a camera around his neck. It's Bill. But
he's not here to show off his truck, he's trying to make a buck off these poor
guys, who just spent their last $5 bucks on a can of Turtle Wax.
 Like you said, it was great talking to a fellow list member, but I still
want to see that truck!!!!! Of course there was also another list member who
lived only 30 miles away from this show, but he would rather be on vacation in
Arkansas. Ring any bells, Mr. Z49?????

Patrick A. Hollister '58 step
West Burlington, IA.