Re: [oletrucks] (no subject)

To: Artvflores@aol.com, oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] (no subject)
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 10:00:56 -0400
Most of the vendors carry a tubular motor mount that will fit between the
frame rails and you can install a V-8. I checked brother at
http://www.brothersonlinestore.com/store_ns.asp
go down the left frame to engines - then to engine/transmission mounts and
look at the 47-59 engine crossmember. This is the same style that most
vendor carries.  --wayne

At 11:11 PM 9/2/03 -0400, Artvflores@aol.com wrote:
>Hello list, I'm one of those guys who has been a list member for a while,
>reading all the e-mails that go back and forth between members and trying to
>learn from them. Now I have a question and I'm sure someone in the list
>can help
>me with it. I have a 1950 chevy five window 1/2 ton pick up. Right now it
>has a
>235 six cylinder engine that has started to smoke, I want to install a 1957
>283 V8 chevy engine the I have and is in good condition, the problem is that
>this engine is  front mount. Is there an after market cross member or motor
>mounts that I can buy to install it without a lot of modifications? Thanks
>for any
>help you can give me.
>Art Flores.

Wayne Osborne