RE: [oletrucks] Re: Rubber gas lines

To: <ke6bnl@juno.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Re: Rubber gas lines
From: "Dave" <kruc@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:10:16 -0600
That gas additive was MTBE and was banned here in Colorado also for the same
reasons it was banned in California. It was added to decrease emissions in
the winter by oxygenating the fuel  but was found to be contaminating the
soil and water table. 3 parts per billion is supposed to give water a
fuel-like taste. It also deteriorated fuel lines and o-rings and engine
fires increased, worst hit were cars with fuel injection. Last weekend the
Denver Grand Prix had to get a waiver to allow fuel with MTBE to be used in
some of the cars. Unless Tim's burning something we don't know about in his
Oletruck, the fuel shouldn't be an issue causing the rubber lines to crack.
Dave 57 3100