Re: [oletrucks] DOT 5 Brake Fluid

To: Jim Wilkerson <Jim.Wilkerson@sas.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] DOT 5 Brake Fluid
From: Steven Stuckmeyer <slstu51@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:09:28 -0700 (PDT)
DOT 5 brake fluid is silicone based and is not compatible to use with or in DOT
3 systems. I've read that it will deteriorate the seals in a sytem not designed
for it's use. I've worked on both DOT 3 and 5 brake systems. Information
provided with all components for each express the importance of not mixing
components or fluid. Hope this helps.
Steve Stuckmeyer
St Peters, MO