Re: [oletrucks] painting leaf springs

To: kjohlgren@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] painting leaf springs
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:20:22 -0500
Kurt:
Recommend you put something between the individual leafs when you go back
together.  I bought a roll of Poly-Ride Liner from Chevy Duty (#74-935
$44.95).  Enough there to do all four springs if needed.  Used it when I
rebuilt my front springs and have been very happy with the results (I just
wire brushed mine and repainted with flat black paint).  If you can find
something similar/cheaper at a local FLAPS, go ahead, just make sure you
don't get something too thick or you may have trouble getting them back
together.  Good Luck!

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL