[oletrucks] RE: 10 bolt dimensions

To: "George Perez" <g.perez@charter.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: 10 bolt dimensions
From: mark <ccpanel@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:08:16 -0700
clean both the axle and frame of brackets.  you did take a measurement of
your old axle centerline to the center of the bottom ball joint on your
front axle? if so-the youre set otherwise;
get the stock wheelbase 116 i think and then measure from the center of the
lower balljoint or kingpin to the center of a stationary point on the axle.
sometimes the brake bleder screw or otherwise. line up and weld.-not really...

        support the underside of the frame near the rear cab xmember.
with new ubolts and an axle perch for your axle tube size(3?) available from
your MOPAR dealr or JEGS or SUMMIT  (MOPAR is cheaper) loosely attach the
springs under the axle with the pin in the hole... roll under frame and
lower frame until it touches then start making your measurements and such.
let the rear actually touch the frame and the front youre using the front
bracket from the donor?
youre gonna need pipe the same ID as the rubber rear bushings. ... make hole
in your frame, weld pipe, box and go. HARD TO EXPLAIN-i just do it normally...
when axle is frim tight to ubolts then make a temp rotation of rear to match
driveshaft angle....
que?
mark

  http://customclassics.org