RE: [oletrucks] ..and now it rolls.....

To: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] ..and now it rolls.....
From: "AKBurke" <akburke@fiberpipe.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 21:15:55 -0600
There was a story in some trade rag a few years back about "Boneyeards of
the West" or somesuch and then we saw parts and trucks disappearing at an
alarming rate.  There was one guy who came into one of our best site with
two shipping containers and bought $30K worth of parts and shipped them to
New Zealand!!!  We're a little protective of the rest and like to float wild
rumors of Arizona trucks that run for $200....and of course we let them pick
over Kansas like maggots on a dead cat.

There are a number of really good sites in these parts but don't ask for
directions.  (at the swap meet this past weekend there was a pair of rear AD
fenders for $20 each....I little beat at the bottom but easily fixable). We
have the nice dry high desert that does wonders for these vehicles.

-A