Re: [oletrucks] RE: oletrucks-digest V2 #2060

To: "Cecil \"Steve\" Martin" <chevl_69@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE: oletrucks-digest V2 #2060
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:19:30 -0500
"Why don't you just buy a New Truck?"  Had to put that in there, it was
expected from me I think!   Anyway, think only big trucks had the 348. It's
different, why not keep it if it's running good? 409's broke easy all the
time, not sure on 348's. Kinda nice NOT to see just another small block and
auto trans in a truck. On the 4-spd, you don't use 1st for regular driving,
just start in second and use first for pulling a big load out of tuff spot,
or getting rolling when full, or for just going real slow in some situation.
On the electronic ignition, don't think there is an HEI for that distrib,
but you can get Pulstronic or whatever it is system to put in your dist and
not need points. Pointronix?...don't seem right. Others will know.  If yours
is listed as a 3200, don't that make it a 3/4 ton? Didn't think they had
Dually's in 3/4 though. 3800 is one-ton, unless that's only for the older GM
trucks?  Your top speed of 50 is about right. These are slow, heavy rigs,
specially if it originally only had a six. Just make it nice, forget all the
"plushy" stuff, that's for wimps! OR, for Newer trucks! About 71 or 72's
have lots of options and are still classic. I'm outta here!

G. L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750
AD trucks and MM tractors