[oletrucks] Ignition switch question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Ignition switch question
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:11:53 -0500
I am wondering if the ignition switch in my 57 GMC V8 is stock.  It is capable
of turning counter clockwise from the "off" position to what feels like it
should be an "accessory" position, but checking with an ohmmeter there is no
connection between the BAT and ACC poles on the back of the switch in this
position.  The only time there is continuity between BAT and ACC is when the
switch is in the "run" position.

So my question to you TF owners (with V8 and/or Hydra-Matic - I know the 6
cylinder w/ standard transmission uses a different switch) is "Does our truck
have an "accessory" position on your ignition switch?"