[oletrucks] Show report

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Show report
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:37:38 EDT
Last week I was in FL visiting my father-in-law who is retired and living in
"The Villages" between Ocala and Orlando.  On Saturday, the 20th of Sep, the
Villages advertised a car show in the square.  I figured maybe 30-40 cars would
show, so it would be worth a look.  I was pleasantly surprised by no less
than 230+ cars and trucks on display.  There were 4 AD trucks and a couple TFs
too.  Mostly street rodded, but all very nice.  The highlight of the show for
me was a nicely restored red '36 Chevy coupe with a pickup box replacing the
trunk lid.  This was a factory conversion with about 1300 made that year.  It
was nice.  Sorry, I didn't take my camera as rain was a threat.  Moral: never
pass up any show just because you think there won't be much to look at.  I had
great time, especially when at 7PM when they started the cruise.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside
Wichita Falls, TX