Re: [oletrucks] Shop

To: Bill Broadway <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Shop
From: zman <zman@gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:39:59 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Bill Broadway wrote:
> I know those of you who have their own shop know my excitement. In the past
> I had to sub out my labor to people who had shops, or else borrow someone
> else's shop which always meant since it wasn't yours you couldn't leave your
> tools lying around.

I'm all for having your own space. http://www.rod-o-rama.com
But I'm still not a fan of leaving your tools lying around. I try to put
everything back at the end of the day. That way when I need it I know
exactly where it is and don't have to go looking.

> As for new tools to house in the shop, I picked up some more jack stands and
> another floor jack from Harbor Freight. But my most exciting purchase was 2
> sets of wheel dollies. Normally a pair was about $79, but they had them on
> sale for about $39 a pair.

Harbor Freight is your friend for things like that. For regular tools like
sockets and ratchets Sears is my reccomendation, though I also have a good
selection of Mac, Cornwell, and Snap-On. I wish they would quit bringing
that truck by here, it's just so damn tempting..

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman@kungfumonkey.com