Re: RE: [oletrucks] Shop

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: [oletrucks] Shop
From: ZapBeeblebrox@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:20:32 EDT
In a message dated 10/15/2003 12:43:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-ole-trucks@autox.team.net writes:

> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:30:11 -0500
> From: Bill Broadway <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
> Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Shop
>
> >I'm all for having your own space. http://www.rod-o-rama.com
> >But I'm still not a fan of leaving your tools lying around. I try to put
> >everything back at the end of the day. That way when I need it I know
> >exactly where it is and don't have to go looking.
>
> I fully understand, but then again when you work all day at work and then go
> after work and put in a few hours and then have to spend 30-40 minutes
> tidying up, it's a real pain. I'd see more on the weekends doing some
> cleanup and making sure everything was back where it went.
>
> If you're working on a project and tomorrow will be working on the same
> thing, it's just nice to have all the stuff right where you need it.
> Couldn't do that in someone else's shop without getting an earful ;-)
>
> Bill

Then again it's nice to know where every tool is, and that you didn't leave a
1/2 inch socket and ratchet handle, for instance, under the hood someplace.
My brother and I drove off one day after doing some work on my car. We got
about a half mile from home, when we heard a loud clunk, then several more loud
bangs under the car. It turns out a wrench was left under the hood, and all the
noise was it falling out from underneath the car, and bouncing off the road
and into my floor pan. We retrieved the wrench, and no real damage was found,
but it's made me keep track of and account for my tools ever since.