[oletrucks] Header pipes on 350 chevy for 58

To: "trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Header pipes on 350 chevy for 58
From: "Ryan Langford" <ryan.langford@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 18:07:25 -0800
Hey guys, my project is coming along nicely, motor is mostly done
and together, as is the tranny.  I'm just about ready to start the
cutting and welding to put the new(er) front end in....but I'm having
some trouble with the exhaust.  I want headers, but the frame is
so narrow, I'm not sure who to get them from.....I know they need
to hug the block pretty good.  I had a pair of Hookers laying around
that I bolted on and measured, and I think they are too wide.

Part of the problem is the truck is 60 miles away at a friends house,
and its a day project just to go out there.  So I don't have the motor
and truck to compare.  I'm using a early 70's front end suspension
components, so I'll have side motor mounts and cross member in the
way, so I can't use middle-exiting block huggers.

For those that have used the 350 chevy motor, what headers did
you find that worked best?  Any complaints?  I called Headman (sp?)
and they gave me a part number that should work, and I went ahead
and ordered them, but the guy I was talking to didn't strike me
as very knowledgable.....any insite and suggestions would be
appreciated!

Ryan
ryan.langford@comcast.net