Re: [oletrucks] Giving Thanks

To: Ie61pah@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Giving Thanks
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 18:20:15 -0700
My oldest daughter , now 45, had a very bad car accident abt 5-6 years ago.
I was on a job up at Parker, AZ. Abt 2 AM the Parker police came and told
me. I called the doctor. He said she was in a coma, and probably wouldn't
come out of it. Abt two weeks later, the attending er doctor and I were
talking to a still comatose Robyn. The DR asked, "How are you?" A very
surprised doctor turned to me, and said it was the neurologist who said she
was a goner, not him. Robyn has suffered a small amt of brain damage, and
has a small personality change. But she can drive again, and get around
reasonably well. But she had to relearn ALL her motor skills, from wiggling
a toe on up. So keep trying,  even if your doctor says you can't do
something (within reason).  Bob K in PHX, AZ.