Re: [oletrucks] any bagged trucks out there...

To: <bigfred@unm.edu>, oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] any bagged trucks out there...
From: Ryan Sain <rsain@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:17:19 -0800
Alfie,

There are several sites out there with pictures of bagged Oletrucks.

http://www.brotherstrucks.com/shows/2003/images/fullsize/DSC00805.jpg

http://www.brotherstrucks.com/shows/2002/images/fullsize/DCP_2157.jpg

As for notching the frame. I think you will have to. I know that when and if
Amy let's me bag her 59 we will need to. Will need to anyway if we bring it
down one more inch....but check with someone who has done this to make sure!

Jason over there at suicide doors.com is absolutely amazing - were getting
our door kit from him.

Instead of buying the 4-link, look into what it takes to build - they are
not that difficult to fabricate - especially if you already have the truck
torn down to do the bags. Same goes for the frame notch.

You may also want to check http://www.streetsourcemag.com for more info -
many bagged vehicles over there.

As for reliability - I know many many rigs are daily drivers that are both
bagged and 4 linked.

 4 link, if done correctly is just as reliable as the leafs that were in
there. Bags are just as reliable as well - city busses use them daily for
many years! Street trucks or mini truckin' recently had an article with a
guy that had bagged, cantilevered and 4 linked his mini - daily driver for 3
years already.

Winter may pose a small problem with bags deflating over night and losing
system pressure.

This accord is driven daily - it has cylinders rather than bags (space
issue) - even serves as a snow plow!

Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?ProfileID=18250

As for hauling - they are fine as long as you don't over load them - stick
with the ratings on the bags - you can buy different rated bags - make sure
you get ones strong enough to handle what you want to do.

Personally - I think bags are the coolest mod around! Can't wait to do my el
camino!

- Ryan

(snip)