Re: [oletrucks] Stroked vs. De-stroked

To: orbea@tscnet.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stroked vs. De-stroked
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:55:21 -0800 (PST)
Destroking means decreasing the stroke thereby decreasing the overall effective
cubic
inches of the engine.

The only advantage this can give is a higher redline if it is balanced
properly...which
is only useful if the whole engine/hp/torque package is designed around that
whole
theme...in the case of an old truck, one has to beg the question...why?  I love
high
revving oversquare engines but this isn't an early Z-28 road racer trying to
stay under
a displacement limit.

Since you have a 400, don't mess with it.

Mark Noakes