Re: [oletrucks] Stroked vs. De-stroked

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stroked vs. De-stroked
From: "Kirk Pierce" <kpier883@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:30:59 -0600
If the stroke is shorter, then theoretically the rpm range for the engine
would be higher.  I have a brother that races dirt track and runs a 400
block with a 3.25" stroke crank so that he can use numerically higher gears
and rev higher coming off corners.

In a street truck I'd think the cubes would be better than rpm especially if
you plan to use the truck like a truck and include hauling or towing.  If
you are going to drag race, then maybe the destroke would be useful.

Kirk Pierce
'57 1/2 ton with 283