[oletrucks] seat stops

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] seat stops
From: "Martin Smith \(Yahoo\)" <smithm92@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:34:00 -0800 (PST)
Taking the time to look closer at my '55 TF seat hinge, I
noticed that there is a metal extension from the seat frame with
a bolt/nut that acts as a seat stop (a primitive form of
adjustable recline). Unfortunately, on both sides of my seat
this extension was cracked and so the seat arcs back and rests
against the cab itself. It looks like the metal just fatigued
over the years. Doesn't look as though these are removable (they
look welded in place). Anyone else run up this problem? Is it
time to take out the welder?
Martin