[oletrucks] throttle pull knob

To: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>,
Subject: [oletrucks] throttle pull knob
From: Steven Stuckmeyer <slstusmc@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:26:43 -0700 (PDT)
I had a 47 Dodge 1 ton and a 67 Scout at one time that both had a cable
throttle in the dash. They both had pto, you could set the throttle when using
what ever it was attached to. The dodge had a Lincoln arc welder in the back
that run off the pto. The Scout just had an output shaft not hooked up to
anything. I have also seen them hooked up to hydraulic winches in earlier
4x4's.
  When stationed in AZ at the time, we would go out in the desert and I'd put
the Scout in 4-low, 2nd gear and set the throttle. My daughter (then 5, now 23)
would steer that thing all over the place sitting on her booster seat in the
drivers seat. She loved it!
Steve Stuckmeyer
St Peters, MO
51 3100