Re: [oletrucks] throttle pull knob

To: wayne@chevytrucks.org, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] throttle pull knob
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 20:44:18 EDT
In a message dated 6/1/2004 7:26:48 PM Central Standard Time,
wayne@chevytrucks.org writes:
the topic of the throttle located on the dash of the TF trucks has come up.
Any guesses to the actual intended function of the feature?

Why anyone knows this is early cruise control.  I remember back on the farm
when I could not reach the pedals (age 8?), my dad put our '50 in Granny low at
part throttle using the T knob.  I would steer around the hay field while he
walked along behind loading hay bales onto the bed.  If I got in trouble, he
showed me how to turn off the key to stop.  PS...I also remember not too many
years later; he drove while I loaded the bales!

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside
Wichita Falls, TX