Re: [oletrucks] Rack & Pinion on a solid axle??

To: "Mike Sergesketter" <mserges@psci.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rack & Pinion on a solid axle??
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:58:04 -0400
I had a friend try this on a solid axle 50 f&$d, but he opted to go another
route. Seems mounting the rack to the axle wasn't that big a deal but his
set up would require more than a single joint in the steering mechanism.
Since the solid axle is a moving part is suspension travel you'd have to
cope with this travel in the steering links from the rack to the column and
that is where the difficulties come into play.  I've never seen a setup
such as this but only speak of the problem he ran into..     --wayne