[oletrucks] engine "stand" for more of the drivetrain

To: napco4x4@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] engine "stand" for more of the drivetrain
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:20:08 -0700 (PDT)
I think I asked this before and didn't get any suggestions, but I'll try once
more.

My V8 is currently on a traditional engine stand, but I want to move it to a
"stand"
that will let me set up, install, bolt up engine clutch/flywheel, and
transmission.

Eastwood sells a stand where the engine rests on the lip of the oil pan, but I
don't
want to booger up my nice new oil pan and engine paint.

And I would rather have a setup that resembles the original format if possible
and
keeping it low to make it easy and safe to move around.  I don't really want to
cut off
the front of a frame and put wheels on it...seems like a waste when good old
truck
hardware is getting harder to find, but...

Any suggestions?

I'm actually thinking about building something in wood 4 by 4's.

Mark Noakes