[oletrucks] comments on Pertronix ignitions?

To: napco4x4@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] comments on Pertronix ignitions?
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:57:51 -0700 (PDT)
distrib to
the  Pertronix aftermarket electronic ignition.  That would settle any resistor
plug
issues I might have.

I'm definitely open to that idea but would like to hear any comments on
reliability of
these units.

I'm also on the Corvair list and this topic comes up regularly per the
UN-reliability of
the Pertronix.  It would be strange if it was just the Corvair application that
had
problems; however it is an air cooled engine and so it runs hotter than most
cars and
most that try to run this unit are running high performance engines
besides...stock and
modified turbos and multi-carb setups...that would definitely run hot in the
engine
compartment and maybe that stresses the electronics beyond rating?

Any comments welcome,

Mark Noakes