Re: [oletrucks] comments on Pertronix ignitions?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] comments on Pertronix ignitions?
From: "Ed ke6bnl" <ke6bnl@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:52:13 GMT
Just ordered the pertronix II then caught your message, ihave used
them in the past and it is a simple matter to switch back to the
points nothing is really disturbed and the point are not much hard to
put back then to replace the points.  I was ready to buy the crane set
up which is 40 dollars cheaper and has a built in rev limiter but when
I was reading the installation instructions there is a whole lot to
remove and replace and they mention not to lose the base plate that
you take off because they are no longer available and it isn't as
simple an install. So I went with the per II.  I burnt up the
pertronix I in my old econoline pu when the ignition malfunctioned and
left the ignition on and fried the per I.  so the I is not a choice
for me I ordered the pertronix II.  Good luck Ed ke6bnl

Ed Ginsberg