Re: [oletrucks] Re: Car dollies

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Car dollies
From: R Baird <bairdr@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:52:51 -0500
Mask1966@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 10/25/2004 11:39:37 AM Central Standard Time, Mask1966
>writes:
>I know this subject was discussed before, but now I need some advice.  I'd
>like to hear from anyone who has used a car dolly (U-haul or other brand) to
>transport an AD truck any distance.  My upcoming retirement and move to
>Illinois
>is prompting the questions.  I need to know the good and bad connected to this
>idea.  I plan to pull it with a small/medium rental truck.
>
>Although a couple of truckers had good experiences with tow dollies, the
>consensus is a double axle car hauler would be the safest way to go.  I think
>I'll
>go that way and not have to worry about loosing my investment.  P.S.  I
>decline the offer from Robert to take care of my truck if I leave it with him.
>Thanks to all who responded.
>
>Mike Klepp
>'48 3100 5 window
>'65 C-10 stepside
>Wichita Falls, TX

Mike have you thought about just having it shipped. That way you know it will
be safe of course there are no guaranties in life. How ever have it hauled up
by a pro so to speak might be worth it and piece of mind. it cost me $ 900.00
to get my 54 here from Or. With United Road  They Picked it up on Wed. in
Medford Or.  it was her in Ftw. that  Fri. night.

You Have got to see my frame the Pictures where taken just after it came out of
the Powder Coat oven the pictures are the last 4 on the page
http://webpages.charter.net/bairdr/truckpictures.htm

Robert Baird Ft. Worth Texas
1954 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton P/U
http://webpages.charter.net/bairdr/RobertsTruck.htm