[oletrucks] Modifying the brake booster push rod

To: <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Modifying the brake booster push rod
From: "Mike Sergesketter" <mserges@psci.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:15:16 -0500
A buddy just gave me an 8" booster and master cylinder set up for disk/drum.
He said it was from a late 90's jeep and suggested that I use it on my
disk/power brake conversion on my 57 3100...I have a pedal bracket, and can
make a bracket for the booster (I will have to set it back behind the AT
crossmember)...Where I need some help is that the push rod will have to be
extended to reach the pedal.  The factory pushrod is not threaded so I
wondered if I can replace it, or cut the end off and use a sleeve to conncect
an extension????  I guess there are lots of options...can anyone tell me what
has worked and what parts I would need?  My cab is off and being worked on, so
I also wondered how much clearence above the frame rail I have to play
with....it looks like the booster will rise about 3/4 to an inch above the
frame rail, so would it interfere with the cab mount?

I know there are lots of kits for boosters and MC's but unfortunately I blew
my budget on the disk brakes and power steering conversion...so I'm looking
for a low cost solution....

Thanks, Mike