[oletrucks] "crossfire" HEI cap

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <pontiac-1950s@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [oletrucks] "crossfire" HEI cap
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <bill.hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:23:32 -0600
I equipped my 57 GMC (from the factory with 347" Pontiac V8) with a
junkyard HEI from a '77 400 Pontiac. I've seen HEI caps at car shows
that have the connections re-routed internally so that the plug wire
connections point directly at the plugs, eliminating the "can of worms"
effect near the distributor.

Some have referred to these as "crossfire" caps, but my Google searching
for "crossfire HEI cap" has yielded nothing but specs for regular caps.

Three questions:
1. Does anyone know the correct name for these caps? Maybe the
manufacturer's name?

2. Does a Chebbie HEI cap interchange with a '77 Pontiac HEI cap?

3. This engine is NEVER spun over 4000 RPM. Anyone heard of any problems
with these caps in daily driver use?