RE: [oletrucks] Oil lines on a 235.

To: "'William Schickling'" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Oil lines on a 235.
From: "Bob Chansler" <rchansl@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 07:27:26 -0600
Bill,
The inlet line is the one further back and higher on the block. It
should also have a line running to the oil pressure guage. The return
line is further forward and lower in the block.
Hope that helps.
Bob Chansler
Mead CO

Subject: [oletrucks] Oil lines on a 235.

I am doing some work on my 235, Currently the oil lines are not run to a
filter. Don't worry the engine isn't being run either. I was wonder if
someone could tell me what direction the oil flows so I can figure out
which line goes to the in side of my oil filter and which one goes to
the out. I am using a finned aluminum oil filter (beehive?) and the in
and out are clearly marked. On the engine there is one plug about half
way back on the engine down very close to the oil pan and another about
three quarters the way back and up an inch or so from the oil pan.

I assume on one the oil exits the engine and the other it returns back
into the engine. I have pictures of engines setup the exact opposite of
each other, so I didn't want to guess.

Thanks,

Bill Schickling