[oletrucks] Found - '57 Chevy truck in Richmonda, VA CAP salvage yard...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Found - '57 Chevy truck in Richmonda, VA CAP salvage yard...
From: gremlingts@aol.com
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 19:10:13 -0400
  Decided to visit Chesterfield Auto Parts in Richmond Friday, lo and behold,
they had a rusty 6-lug '57 Chevy truck. Most body parts there, 6 cylinder
motor. I bought the steering wheel, was thinking about the rims, too, but
decided to pass on those for now.
  One of the rims was EXTREMELY deep, looked sort of original, but didnt have
the hubcap tabs rivited on the rim like the OEM 2 others. So I suspect it was
not original. The truck is rusty, but some parts may be salvageable. No
options, really. Doors were so-so, alot of surface rust evident everywhere.
  That's about it, maybe next time I'm down there I'll grab at least one of the
OEM rims, the other had a rusty lip, and a bent spot on the lip, not sure how
restoreable they are. Otherwise not too damaged.
Grille wasn't bent, had lots of scaley rusty, though.
  So, that's my report, haven't posted to OT in awhile, been busy with life,
AMC cars, and other things. Hope to get back to my '55 Suburban one day ( just
visited it for the 1st time in 3 years, after my wedding fiasco with my aunt,
who stores 13 of my vehicles on her farm. We finally met and made up, I hope ),
and get it road-worthy.
  Well, that's all, have a great truckin' weekend.

Jerry casper, in Virginia