[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2580

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2580
From: Larry Bearfield <larry@fernscountrystore.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:06:29 -0500
>>  Ayone know of a source to get stick on paint letters. I guess that's
>> what
>> you could call them. I'm looking for 3/16" letters to apply to an old
>> piece of equipment we are restoring in the shop at work. A 1958 Melroe
>> (Bobcat) M-200. These letters are used for safety/maintenance
>> instructions
>> on the unit.  I figured no better source could be found than here to
>> start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>  Steve Stuckmeyer
>>  51 3100
>>  St Peters, MO

Altho I agree with Culver about the various lettering products
available in art supply stores,
they can be somewhat tricky to apply especially to a surface that isn't
smooth
(I've been in advertising for 35 years). A he's right, clear coat will
provide some level of protection.

But I think Mike B.'s idea of vinyl lettering is probably your best bet
Steve. Do up exactly what you'd
like to have on your computer... even in a Word document. Then bring it
to one of those quick sign
companies that are all over the place now. They will give you a
self-adhesive sheet that has it all in place
for you to peel 'n stick in place.  I've used this on my truck for
signage and it looks fabulous.

Good luck!

Larry Bear
56 Stepside Daily Driver