Re: [oletrucks] Bellhousing or transmission measurements ? ? ?

To: "R Baird" <bairdr@charter.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bellhousing or transmission measurements ? ? ?
From: "K M Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:20:50 -0800
Robert, I am sure you will find the wide bolt pattern goes back to 1954. BTW
one of the scarcest to find was the "54 truck 3 speed which had the wide
bolt pattern and hooked to a closed driveline, This was only used one year,
and made a easy conversion putting a V/8 in pre 1955 Chevrolets. Almost all
the cars and pickups were the same trans to bell hookup no matter what
engine was used 1955 and after. Now in "63 the bellhousing to engine bolt
pattern was made the same, now this really opened the field for Chevrolet
combinations.
Just an old timer
Lee