[oletrucks] engine ID

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] engine ID
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:06:13 -0500
Sorry about the previous empty message but seems every time i copy/ paste
the message get canned.
Oh well, trying to assist someone in ID'ing the engine, he states original
in the 52 1ton stake bed truck.
Number on the title are as follows: Motor no. AKCD-377478.   I went to all
the casting sites and this doesn't show up. Being original, pretty sure is
a 216 or early 235. I know about the pushrod covers on the late 235 to 216
but the configuration is the same on the early 235 and 216's. Anybody got
any resource that might show the above number?   -wayne

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne