RE: [oletrucks] 81 camaro front end

To: Ole_Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 81 camaro front end
From: "Mark Noakes" <mark@noakes.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 19:47:23 -0800
We are now getting serious about the body work on my 58 Chevy Suburban. I've
asked the following before on the several lists and never gotten a satisfactory
answer. Has anyone used the reproduction steel doors, fenders, and hood that
you can now buy from places like Tuckers in Las Vegas and many others? If so,
how is the fit and finish? Is it a reasonable install or are there issues? The
one that I had heard at one time was that the repro doors required coordinated
repro hinge pockets...true or not? The reason that this matters is that my
brother, who used to run a restoration shop and is opening one back up with my
Sub as the first paying project, has previously stated that the labor cost to
restore the sheet metal is probably higher than the cost to buy the
reproduction sheet metal.

Comments anyone?

Mark Noakes

Personal, hobby, enthusiast vehicles, work/school, nature/travel/art
photography located at:

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice
there is usually a difference."--Anonymous

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I
repeat myself.
-- Mark Twain.