Re: [Oletrucks] oletrucks list still out there??

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] oletrucks list still out there??
From: J Forbes <jforbnospam@selectric.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 14:17:45 -0700
Hi, I've been working on old trucks recently....although I did sell one,
my 59 extended cab went to a fellow in Tucson who has quite a collection
of late 50s trucks already.

I've been working on my 57 one ton, I got it registered and insured
yesterday, and went on my first drive into town. The truck works ok, the
old 283 is pretty tired, but it drives ok and the brakes work well. I
fixed that stuff first, of course. I'm planning to drop a big block in
it soon, but I'm going to try to keep the rest of the drivetrain mostly
stock for now. (I did swap the rearend already, it has an 86 3/4 ton
rear and springs). I'll see if the SM420 will survive with more torque,
and see if I can find exhaust that will clear the steering box, and let
me keep the bellhousing mount as it is.

--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!