RE: solvent stoeage

To: "'dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us'" <dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us>,
Subject: RE: solvent stoeage
From: Ken Landaiche <ken_landaiche@dlcc.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 10:42:09 -0700
I thought the pipes of sprinkler systems were filled with a gas of some
sort to eliminate rust from years of standing water. But I don't know
how the gas would not get absorbed by the water over time. My old well's
18 gallon pressure tank used to need draining every few months because
the water absorbed the air. That was before they started using sealed
air bladders in pressure tanks. Maybe the one inch of air/water contact
in a sprinkler system would not absorb much of the gas.

Then again, it's been a few years since I set off any sprinklers, so
maybe I'm all wet.

Ken Landaiche