Re: Nut and bolt storage

To: wmgilroy@avaya.com
Subject: Re: Nut and bolt storage
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 08:40:14 -0800 (PST)
I don't like the individual bins - I use a small ACCO (I think)
cabinet with about 20 drawers arranged 4 high by 5 across.
Each column is for fasteners of a particular size, starting
at 1/4"; each row is for a particular kind of thing (washer,
nut, bolt ...) of a particular thread style (predominantly
NF, with NC at the bottom). Each drawer differentiates
by style or length.

This has worked moderately well for me for the small assortment
I keep on hand. I usually buy washers and nuts by the 100, and
bolts in considerably smaller quantities; I have a bottom drawer
in a rolling cabinet for "excess".

I have another cabinet with much smaller drawers for smaller
fasteners, wood screws, etc; and another with larger drawers
for plumbing fittings and random oddities.

The biggest problem I have with open bins is dirt and dust collection.
I prefer solutions that keep contents dust free...

chris

///
///